This pixel protocol was designed by World Semi in China. WS2813 offers many of the benefits the WS28xx series is famous for, as well as being the first in the series to offer both a redundant data line and a much higher PWM rate, making it one of the most common protocols for pixel lighting displays. There are multiple variants of WS2813, including A, B, C and D. These variants offer different brightness levels so that all budgets are met. The control circuit and LEDs are integrated in a 5050 SMD package, which provides a small physical footprint for each pixel.
|SMD5050 with integrated LEDs
Output Pixel Voltage
|5 - 12V
|Up to 67fps
Data Transfer Rate
Redundant Data Line
620 – 622 nm
522 – 525 nm
467 – 470 nm
Considerations for Use
- Up to 12V, allowing for long cable lengths
- High PWM rate allows for filming these pixels with cameras up to 67fps
- Redundant data line reduces chance of entire strip failure
- Data-only restricts refresh rates to be limited by the speed of the protocol, which can be slow
- Only 8 bits of data for each color makes dimming curves less smooth
Are you looking for WS2813 pixel drivers that work with Art-Net or sACN?
All PixLite Mk2 and Mk3 products support WS2813 as an available Pixel IC type, so get in touch with us to find out how the lighting specialists at Advatek can support you in your pixel lighting project.